Is there a more Sisiphyian job on the planet than fetching shopping carts back to the store at Costco? Moving on to music news for July 20, 2021…
- BIGSOUND, a major Australian music festival, has been canceled this year because of COVID.
- Aerosmith: Not a Trump fan.
- Looking for a turntable? Here’s another solid option. (I own a Pro-Ject.)
- The Faces are recording together again for the first time in 40 years. And yes, that includes Rod Stewart.
- Those those who follow such things, Adele may be dating an NBA agent.
- Weezer plans to release four albums in 2022.
- A UK court heard that Johnny Lydon of the Sex Pistols was a “total dick.”
- There’s going to be a big merger in the K-pop industry.
- Avenged Sevenfold has some plans for NFTs.
- The Circle Jerks are reuniting!
- A modern audiobook on vinyl? Yep. (This is the way things used to be 50-60 years ago.)
- The UK government has this report about the economics of streaming music.
- Iron Maiden will soon be back with a new album. All is well with the world.
- The Killers will return with an album called Pressure Machine August 13. Tour dates to follow in 2022.
- AC/DC kidswear? Yep.
- The remains of a Live Nation executive was found in the rubble of that Miami condo collapse. She was visiting her parents at the time of the disaster.
More news? Check here.