Nothin’ matters but the weekend
From a Tuesday point of view
-The Kings, “Switchin’ to Glide” (1980)
Truer words were never sung. And now, the music news.
- So why was AC/DC’s Phil Rudd arrested again? For violating his probation by drinking alcohol.
- Holiday Inn to Rod Stewart: “We’re cool now.”
- The new McDonald’s ad targets Hispanics with singer Princess of Bachata.
- A member of the UK band Goldie died when he was hit by a train.
- Norway’s music industry is up 7% led by streaming which claims 81% of the market.
- Josh Greenberg, the co-founder of the disgraced file-sharing site Grooveshark, was found dead in his home yesterday. Grooveshark, always dodgy in the way it did business, was sued out of existence for copyright infringement.
- On that top, China has outlawed all unlicensed music streaming.
- UK audiences are not thrilled with the quality of their digital radio.
- So why did Apple hire a car guy away from Chrysler? Hmm. Is the rumour “Titan” car project?
- Harry Potter meets Eminem. This is interesting.
- The untold history of London techno.
- Eddie Vedder has unwittingly found himself in the middle of a weird domestic issue that has nothing to do with him.
- Looking for some cool news music-theme kicks? Then click here for some really cool Nikes.
- Here’s a new music discovery app called The Best Song is described as “Tinder for music.”
- HOW LOUDNESS CONQUERED EVERYTHING!