Sermons gone wrong. Music news done right for July 26, 2022.
- Eddie Vedder’s voice is back. He’s recovered after damaging his vocal cords by singing in wildfire smoke in Paris.
- Man, the “dynamic pricing” controversy with Ticketmaster and Bruce Springsteen’s 2023 is bad. Very bad…
- …so Ticketmaster has had to respond.
- Paul Ryder of the Happy Mondays complained of bad headaches hours before he died last week…
- …and here’s what happened when his mom found him dead.
- Liam Gallagher vs. the music critic.
- Myanmar executed an activist rapper.
- Why did this music publisher remove all its music (700,000 songs) from Facebook and Instagram?
- Tori Amos: A big fan of women’s soccer.
- Coachella’s parent company is apparently donating cash to a political organization that’s all about an anti-abortion agenda.
- Even though Ukraine won Eurovision, giving them the right to host the event in 2023, but that’s not gonna happen for obvious reasons. The UK will step in.
- Joni Mitchell played live again! First time in 20 years!
- “The attention recession meets the economic recession.” This is a good read.
- That Rogers outage earlier this month? A coding error.
- Elvis’s Graceland is apparently in big financial trouble.
- How gamers fell in love with records.
BONUS: The hills are Alive! (Via Tom)