Random Music News for Tuesday, July 7, 2015
What was wrong with the old screw-tops for toothpaste tubes? I hate this flip up things that seem so popular now. You can never close them properly and you always went up with a bunch of dried goo on your toothbrush or clogging the tube itself? Why, people, why?
- Chicago has levied a new tax on streaming music and TV services. Uh-oh.
- Are 3D printed guitars the next big thing? (Via Andrew)
- A McDonalds employee was fired for putting mixtapes into bags of Happy Meals.
- Need to boost your iPhone’s speaker volume? Try this.
- This woman used to be David Bowie’s barmaid. Now she’s worth $230 million.
- Some GM vehicles now have an air conditioning vent for your smartphone.
- Very soon, police in Queensland, Australia, will be able to enter bars and clubs to breathalyze people on the spot.
- The music industry in Tanzania is in crisis because no one is buying CDs or DVDs anymore.
- Metallica’s James Hetfield went shopping dressed like this. Damn camera phones… (Via Tom)
- Yoko Ono is annoyed at some jihadis.
- Still with the Beatles, here’s a little-known fact about a sound file found in old Macs.
- Gene Simmons is blaming music fans again for the lack of rock stars. (Via Tom)
- New Amy Winehouse documentary is getting GREAT reviews.
- Jack White and the Dead Weather will be back shortly.
- Here’s Hillary Clinton’s Spotify playlist. You don’t seriously think that she put this together herself, do you?
- The rapper with the plan for defeating ISIS.