Random music news for Tuesday, June 21, 2022
Urine-based beer? It’s a thing. So is music news for June 21, 2022.
- Twisted Sister’s Dee Snider has secured a deal for his first novel.
- It could be Kate Bush at #1 again this week.
- Cool! The sounds of starquakes.
- Ukraine is banning music by some Russian artists in media and in public places.
- Apparently, Noel Gallagher is banned in China for being “an enemy of the people.”
- Is China using TikTok to spy on American users? Maybe.
- This is why 2022 will be a record year for concert revenue.
- On a related topic, here’s a report on the health of 2022 music festivals.
- Spotify has bought Findaway, a distributor of audiobooks. That shows you the direction in which Spotify is headed.
- Nice one, Neil Diamond.
- Watch that first step.
- You know you need to get sober when you’re doing this.
- Telegram (the messaging app not owned by some big media company) says it now has 700 million users.
- Def Leppard will release their autobiography on November 25.
BONUS: There was a Beatles reunion! Well, of the two that are left. Still…