Hello! It’s been a while. Glad to see you again. And now that we’re done with astronomy news, here’s music news for June 22, 2021.
- Shazam is now identifying one billion songs per month.
- There’s now a Marvin Gaye Drive in Detroit.
- Things are apparently weird and toxic at Sony Music Australia.
- Man, after-parties were fun back in the 80s. (Via Sean)
- There’s a new agreement with TikTok that will benefit Canadian artists.
- BTS fans are now behind this Toronto DJ. Here’s why.
- Facebook is now hosting podcasts and a live audio service.
- They didn’t have a seven-second delay for Shaun Ryder?
- Um, an official toaster?
- Interesting: The paradox of small
- Siri has some new voices.
- “Why I don’t love Tool.” (Via Walter)
- Remember the CD clubs? Here’s a dive into those things. (Via Andrew)
- Yay, Dee Snider!
- More Tragically Hip beer.
- And finally…gawd.
More news? Have a look here.