Published on June 23rd, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, June 23, 2015
Fifty-five years ago today, the US FDA approved the first-ever oral contraceptive.
- Diddy got arrested yesterday after fighting with a UCLA football coach.
- Here’s a great list of 14 record labels which rejected bands who later went on to be massive.
- A Montreal restaurant has a good Bono story. (Via Larry)
- Speaking of U2, there’s a new book on the band. (Larry again)
- And The Edge is apparently quite the fan of producer Nile Rodgers. (Still more Larry)
- Iron Maiden’s Bruce Dickinson: a helluva nice guy with the kids. (Via Tom)
- Believe it or not, it’s still illegal in the UK to rip CDs that you bought to MP3 for your own use.
- Gene Simmons says that that lack of new rock stars is all the fault of music fans.
- Spoon cover band freaks out when Spoon shows up to their gig.
- In the mood for some unheard Amy Winehouse material?
- Silent discos are still a thing. (Back to Tom again.)
- Will “Mastered for iTunes” become the new industry standard?
- Here’s a list of what’s purported to be the top 100 music blogs. At least one is missing. I’ll let you guess which one.
- The theme song for Jurassic Park is #1. Seriously.
- Will Top Gear destroy BBC Radio 2? Maybe.
- This guy would rather get music recommendations from robots than DJs. As you might expect, I think he’s full of shite.
- Chinese lip sync battle. It’s on.