Random music news for Tuesday, June 28, 2022
Putin is calling up retired generals to help with his awful war in Ukraine–including this guy. Once you’re done scratching your head over that, move to music news for June 28, 2022.
- At least 22 people died in a stampede caused by a fire at a nightclub fire in South Africa.
- Def Leppard…make-up? (Via Roz)
- This Rammstein gig was so loud it could be heard ten miles away.(Via Andrew)
- Apparently, THIS is the real story behind Tommy Lee’s broken ribs.
- Apple is apparently getting ready to release a TON of new devices this fall…
- …but the long-predicted AR/VR headset probably won’t arrive until January.
- Rick Astley is grateful for the rickroll. Sort of.
- Radio: Still an important habit.
- Wearable QR codes for artists and albums: Definitely a thing.
- I had no idea there have been so many forgotten MP3 players. See what I mean?
- Here are some really cool uses of sound by physicists. (Via Andrew)
- This new book on George Michael sounds really heartbreaking.
- More record pressing plants are coming online. But will they be enough?
- Heavy-duty Tool vinyl? Yes, please.
- The Gathering of the Juggalos is back.
BONUS: I guess…? (Via Tom)
@hunterroche10 ♬ High ‘N’ Dry (Saturday Night) – Live At The LA Forum, USA / 1983 – Def Leppard