Having trouble shedding those COVID lockdown pounds? Try this. Then again, maybe not. It seems a bit…extreme. Now some music news for June 29, 2021.
- It’s rough in the UK: 51% of the country’s festivals scheduled for 2021 have been canceled.
- This is positive, though: A study of nine events in the UK found that they led to no major COVID-19 outbreaks.
- Wait: More people use YouTube more than they use Facebook or Instagram? Yep.
- What’s the “truth” about the killings of Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac? A new doc says it has the answers.
- The anti-vaxxers vs. Bruce Springsteen. Just get your damn shots, people.
- Cool! The sounds of Mars direct from Mars!
- Pete Townshend is selling this mansion where he’s lived for 25 years. Only £15 million, too.
- Rihanna has lingerie problems.
- Here’s a new theory on why we seem to need music so much.
- Want a long career in music? Here are seven secrets to making that happen.
- UB40 frontman Duncan Campbell has had to quit the band due to ill health.
- We recently lost an important synth inventor. Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon owes a lot to Peter Zinovieff.
- A “magic button” for radio? I sure hope not.
- Don’t care, Ted.
- How are TikTok royalties calculated? Glad you asked.
BONUS: Props to this woman.