Published on June 4th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Tuesday, June 4, 2019
This is what thinking looks like. Cool! Grow more neurons by reading through music news for Tuesday, June 4, 2019.
- I can’t believe that so many people are still going through the trouble of stream-ripping. This kind of piracy is up 13% in the US over last year.
- Jay-Z is official hip-hop’s first billionaire.
- The Rolling Stones have announced the full line-up for their only Canadian date this year.
- So what’s new with classic rock these days? I’m glad you asked.
- There’s a new debate on how to wear Apple AirPods. I never even considered this.
- While under oath, Russell Simmons of Def Jam denies all allegations of sexual assault. (By the way, he fled to Indonesia when these charges were made.)
- Remember when people were discussing the FM chip in cell phones? Yeah, about that. (Side note: Canadians pay almost FIVE TIMES MORE for a monthly data plan for ONE THIRD LESS DATA that telcos in Australia offer.)
- Yes, Drake has his own custom 767 jet. But no, it didn’t cost him anything.
- LUFS vs. LKFS: What the hell is that? Actually, it’s more important to your music listening experience than you may realize. See?
- These people are doing their best to keep indie music blogs alive.
- Wow. This battle over Tom Petty’s estate is ugly.
- Up until now, a “Flying V” was the name of a guitar. Now it’s the name of a new aircraft.
- Radio: More humans, please.
- So how accurate is the Elton John biopic? Here’s some fact-checking.