Tattoos that light up? Yes–and they could be good for your health. Ponder that as you browse through music news for March 2, 2021.
- English rapper Slowthai says he’ll stop spitting in his fans’ mouths because of COVID. Wait–what?
- There are big sexual abuse and assault charges being leveled at TI and his wife.
- Takashi 6ix9ine continues to build a reputation as an awful person.
- Imagine using this technology to bring dead music stars back to life. (Via Sean)
- Hundreds of K-pop songs have disappeared from Spotify as the result of a licensing dispute.
- During the pandemic, it got so quiet that “the Earth could hear itself think” again. Discuss. (Sean again)
- Another discussion of the secret messages etched into the run-off grooves of some records. (Via Bill)
- This jazz drummer heard Metallica’s “Enter Sandman” once and then played it perfectly.
- There are a lot of celebrities getting into podcasts. When will that bubble burst?
- The Yorkville scene in Toronto in the 60s birthed Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Gordon Lightfoot, and a ton of other legendary performers. Is it time for a museum?
- The US music industry saw revenues grew in 2020 by 9.2% despite COVID. Credit streaming.
- Are these the weirdest albums EVER? (One more time from Sean)
BONUS: This. (Via Dave)