Random music news for Tuesday, March 21, 2023
The equinox. About bloody time. It’s all a build-up to summer from here, starting with some music news for March 21, 2023.
- Radiohead is not over, but drummer Phil Selway says it’ll be a few more years before we hear from the band again.
- This is a good article on the punk and New Wave of LA in the early 80s. (Via Andrew)
- Watching Daisy Jones & The Six on Amazon Prime? Here’s a list of 20 other great fictional bands from TV and movies.
- What are these documentary projects U2’s Adam Clayton speaks of?
- Here’s more on the fight of artists and creators against AI.
- This is some great deep history on The Smashing Pumpkins.
- And here’s a piece of Bowie history that’s gone unnoticed until now.
- That’s one expensive mouse.
- A heavy metal album from Rihanna? Nope. Just a rumour.
- Have you played the music game Trombone Champ yet? It’s silly, but it’s now a little more accessible.
- TikTok has a new partnership with Major League Soccer.
- Spotify has released some new research on the effects of music and podcasts on the human body. Get it here.
- This is definitely badass.
- And this guy definite had a bad ass the next day.
BONUS: No. Just…no.