Whilst walking the dog last night, I counted six people in my neighbourhood with reindeer and Santas on their front lawns. I hate to be a Karen, but… Anyway, here’s music news for March 8, 2022.
- Here’s what’s going on with broadcasting within Russia and how outside broadcasts are trying to get in.
- This radio station in Poland is broadcasting to Ukrainian refugees.
- Music venues are sloooooowwwwllllyyyy moving towards full capacity.
- Anyone else notice this?
- The Weeknd is apparently going to have a cameo on The Simpsons.
- Remember the Freedom Convoy in Ottawa? (Seems like so long ago now). This song, “The Day the FreeDUMB Died,” is sung to the tune of Don McLean’s “American Pie.” (Via Oreo)
- A Toronto record store is closing after 50 years in business.
- There’s a labour shortage in the live music industry. Roadies of all sorts are needed, like, yesterday.
- Claims of plagiarism are awful. Here are nine ways to tell if your melody has been used before.
- PRS, the British performing rights organization, has “formally suspended with immediate effect” any association with Russia.
More news? Check here.
BONUS: Well, that’s one way to attract employees back to the office.