Random music news for Tuesday, May 16, 2013
I’m not entirely sure what’s happening here, but it’s…interesting (via Rick J). So is music news for May 16, 2023.
- Podcasting’s reach continues to get wider. It’s even starting to rival radio and TV.
- Meanwhile, AM radio seems to be hurtling toward a forced extinction. This is not good.
- Noel Gallagher: Not a fan of Brexit. (Via Sean)
- An 18-year-old has confessed to shooting Pop Smoke. He was 15 at the time of the murder.
- Remember the MTV News feud between Kurt Cobain and Stevie Nicks.
- Interesting. Only 42% of people believe that creators should be paid when AI uses their stuff.
- It looks like Adele will make US$2 million A NIGHT for some shows in Las Vegas.
- The hills are alive with the sound of f-bombs. Here’s what I mean.
- Can Bluesky lure people away from Twitter? We’ll see.
- U2 has announced additional shows for their residency at The Sphere in Las Vegas. But there are yet more ticketing/seating issues for U2’s Las Vegas Residency at The Sphere. (Via Aaron)
- And The Sphere’s construction budget has passed US$2 billion. How will it every be paid for?
- To afford the new Drake merch, you have to have as much money as Drake. Or you could just buy a Drake candle.
- Fascinated by the mysterious nature of acoustic guitars? Take a look at this.
- Is there such a thing as too much Weezer? Rivers Cuomo thinks so.
- The Offspring have a new drummer. On that note, shouldn’t we hear something about the Foo Fighters any second now?
BONUS: Wait. Is this real? (Via Larry)
2 thoughts on “Random music news for Tuesday, May 16, 2013”
Dear lord. Too much Weezer was over a dozen albums ago. I looked them up recently and they have 15!! The only one I can listen to at all these days is their debut. Pinkerton is a whiny cringe-fest that did not hold up into adulthood.
RE: Bonus: Wait, is this real?
Nope. Head over to IG and look for @obscurestvinyl
It’s rather amusing.