Before we get into music news for May 17, 2022, break your brain here.
- Russian hackers tried to get into Eurovision to keep Ukraine from winning. Fail.
- If you’re a fan of performer/songwriter/producer Jack Antonoff, you need to read this.
- More than 100 UK festivals have pledged to fight sexual violence.
- Snoop to buy Twitter? Elon Musk responds.
- The Clash’s Combat Rock album has turned 40. Ouch.
- Time for some science: Why do minor chords sound sad and major chords sound happy? Here’s the explanation.
- Primus does a great job covering Rush, don’t they? (Via Michael)
- Would you like to have a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame all your own? Start here. (Via Rick)
- Here’s how Alex Lifeson said goodbye to a lot of his guitars. (Rick again)
- A Canadian university is offering a course in Taylor Swift.
- Anti-vaccine dude Eric Clapton has COVID. Just sayin’.
- Mac Miller’s drug dealer has been sentenced to over 17 years in jail for trafficking in fentanyl
BONUS: How about a chart detailing mass shootings in America? Yes, there are a lot.
BONUS BONUS: How do we feel about this?