Schmooze, the elder English bull terrier, turns 12 today. What a sweetheart.
And moving to music news for May 19, 2020…
- Coronavirus update 1: The first social-distancing concert in the US was canceled when the governor of Arkansas revoked the venue’s liquor license.
- Coronavirus update 2: Meanwhile, the Texas Rangers are going to hold socially-distanced music events in the parking lot of their stadium.
- Coronavirus update 3: Germany’s Reeperbahn festival is NOT canceled. At least not yet.
- Coronavirus update 4: The drive-in concert thing continues to ramp up. There’s one happening in Australia this week.
- Coronavirus update 5: Live Nation has laid off 2,000 people.
- Vera Lynn just set a record for the oldest person to have a number one album in the UK. She’s 103.
- One of my favourite British manages is Q. It’s in danger of closing down.
- Facebook bought Gliphy for $US400 million.
- A limited-edition version of Metallica’s whiskey comes with music.
- Roddy Bottum of Faith No More has announced a new project: Gay Lovers Making Gay Music.
- I was in another podcast. Check out The Tempo Report.
- What are some strategies for radio going forward? Here are a few.
- Wow. There’s a brewing chart-fixing scandal with the Billboard Hot 100. And here’s more.
- The estranged wife of Iron Maiden singer Bruce Dickinson was found dead.
- Ed Sheeran is a good boy. See?