The last-ever video store in Kingston, Ontario, has closed. Wait: There are still video stores? There’s certainly music news for May 2, 2023.
- Once U2 finished their Las Vegas residency, who will be able to fill the MSG Sphere? One guess is…wow. But I guess that makes sense.
- Wow, the Lisa Marie Presley estate battle is ugly.
- So is the battle over Johnny Winter’s music. It’s in court.
- Still with legal stuff, there’s the question of an “illegal” Frank Ocean Coachella concert video.
- Wait: Was that Michelle Obama onstage with Bruce Springsteen? Yes. Yes, it was.
- Liam Gallagher says he’ll start work on a new solo album this summer. He’s still hoping for an Oasis reunion, but…
- Tommy Lee sold his Calabasas mansion at a loss. Did someone do a blacklight examination of the place?
- So when will blink-182 release a new album with Tom DeLonge back in the fold? Travis Barker is teasing that.
- YouTube is back in the podcast game–in the US, anyway.
- Speaking of YouTube, they have a new blog feature called “Try a Trend.” It might be a way to stay cooler than your friends.
- Iron Maiden’s Bruce Dickinson has a new spoken word presentation: “From Rock Star to Businessman.”
- Grimes has launched her AI vocal project. It’s in beta, but you gotta start somewhere.
- Adidas is dealing with a class action lawsuit for failing to disclose Kanye’s racism.
- What, exactly, will an Artist in Residence do for Skechers?
- When Eurovision happens in Liverpool later this month, there’s going to be a massive singalong for Ukraine.
- Music was best in the 1960s. Discuss. (Via Mark)
BONUS: This is one sick TikTok hoax.