Published on May 22nd, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Tuesday, May 22, 2018
Schmooze, the elder English bull terrier, had her tenth birthday yesterday. She still thinks she’s a puppy, which is fine by me. Now some music news for May 22, 2018.
- Got four hours? Kanye has just released a documentary.
- How much do you know about secondary ticket seller StubHub? This article clears up a lot of misunderstandings.
- The Arctic Monkeys have the fastest-selling vinyl record in the UK in 25 years.
- This could be the cheekiest name for a radio contest ever. I like it.
- How many of these radio station myths have you heard? How many do you believe?
- A promising 3D audio headphone company has gone out of business.
- Can you buy your way onto Apple’s podcast charts? It looks like it.
- Conventional wisdom says that Mozart was an alcoholic. But maybe not.
- This guy is worried about Rush’s Neil Peart contributing to deforestation because all the drumsticks he uses. Relax, dude: Rush has retired.
- Here’s what happens when you let AI write a script for Game of Thrones.
- Interesting: Collectively, indie labels are bigger than any major label.
- This South African musician has sued EVERYONE for copyright infringement. And I do mean EVERYONE.
- And now some actual jailhouse rock.
- The Pussycat Dolls are suing because The Daily Mail suggested they were a “prostitution ring.”
- Microsoft’s Cortana assistant is about to get smarter.
- A street in Detroit has been named after Michael Jackson. (Via Tom)