Video games are tricking you. Here’s how. No trickery with music news for May, 9, 2023. You can stop reading at any time.
- Sum 41 is going to split after one final album and tour. I break things down a bit here.
- Eurovision week is finally here! This is a guide to the 2023 competition.
- There was an MTV movie and TV awards event on the weekend? Did anyone pay attention?
- Robert Smith: Not a monarchist.
- Meanwhile, Katy Perry had a hard time getting a seat at the coronation. She had a big hat, too.
- Here’s a new music doc series that looks good: Deep Dive which looks at “rock’s greatest untold stories.”
- I pretty sure that if I’d ever dated Susanna Hoffs of The Bangles I’d remember.
- We finally know who inspired the AC/DC song “Whole Lotta Rosie.”
- The Bob Dylan coffee table book has expanded beyond the coffee table.
- The Smashing Pumpkins have recorded a Christmas album. Wait. Isn’t it still May?
- Adidas has US$1.3 BILLION worth of unsold Yeezy shoes.
- Here’s a good read that explains how complex it is for radio to program music these days. (Via Ross)
- And this infographic shows where people are getting their music these days.
- I gotta ask my friend Andy about this.
- Hey, at least George Harrison had a sense of humour about this copyright infringement case.
- U2 has begun to ramp up expectations about this new guitar rock album they say they want to make.
- Beware these new fake Facebook pages. Like we need another reason to not trust anything we see online…
BONUS: If you travel by air a lot, you might get a kick out of this.