Random music news for Tuesday, November 10, 2020
I’m supposed to be on vacation this week–it’s another “use it or lose it” situation–but with nowhere to go, I’m just doing stuff around the house. That bath towel rack in the master bath needs re-hanging, for example. So with time on my hands, I can still devote some time to music news for November 10, 2020.
- Coronavirus update 1: News of Pfizer’s promising COVID vaccine sent Live Nation shares up 22%.
- Coronavirus update 2: Is it possible that the COVID crash of the live music industry will save streaming? Here’s what I mean by that. (Via Chris)
- Deepfake musical performances: This is REALLY getting eerie.
- Could Joe Biden’s win result in some big-money music deals? Maybe.
- System of a Down drummer John Dolmayan refuses to give up on Trump.
- Toronto’s Indie Week is on!
- THIS is why you record a Christmas album.
- And there’s a TON of new Christmas records this year.
- One of the greatest piano players I’ve ever met is Chuck Leavell, who has done plenty of work with the Rolling Stones. There’s now a documentary on him.
- Remember Nandi Bushell, Dave Grohl’s 10-year-old foil? She is going to write a song with him.
- Here are some great Family Guy rock star moments.