Published on November 27th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Tuesday, November 27, 2018
Any news from Mars yet? Just checking. Maybe someone up there needs music news for November 27, 2018.
- Here are the biggest holiday songs in Canada for Christmas 2018 so far.
- Axl Rose powered through a Guns N’ Roses set even though he was “severely ill.”
- Gift idea: a Bluetooth bicycle helmet that streams audio right to your head.
- On a semi-related note, this new wearable tech allows you to listen to music through your skin.
- Remember A&B Sound? It was ten years ago that the record store chain went bankrupt. Here’s their story.
- And on a semi-semi-related note, the son of Sam the Record Man has a new thing.
- Malcolm Gladwell has a new music podcast with Rick Rubin.
- When the hell is the El Mocambo finally going to reopen? NOW magazine has a few answers to some nagging questions.
- Here are some slightly more detailed stats on how often people skip songs on Spotify.
- Spotify says it’ll be India within six months.
- This is a primer on how to understand podcast stats.
- If you have a smart speaker or two in the house, you’ll want to listen to this.
- Winter hats + headphones = this.
- Wanna buy Michael Jackson’s old self-help book? It’s for sale.
- Apple is heading back to the US Supreme Court over iPhone monopoly accusations.
- Rihanna won’t be getting an invitation to the White House anytime soon. Not that she’d accept one…
- Drake’s master suite in his new Toronto Bridal Path home is HUGE.
- Wait: Kimye has their own private 747?
- This must have been quite the wedding yesterday.
- Remember that long-lost Kurt Cobain interview with a Canadian dude that turned up earlier this month? Here are some highlights. (Via Mo)