Is there something happening today? I seem to recall hearing the news about some big thing that’s going on. A political story, maybe? I can’t remember. Oh, right. This.
And then there’s this.
All I know is what’s happening with music news for November 3, 2020.
- Okay, one election story. Just one, okay?
- One hundred years ago yesterday, KDKA in Pittsburgh became the first radio station to broadcast election results.
- Posters that hijack FM radio? Yep.
- Apple One’s big package–Apple Music, TV+, iCloud, and Arcade–is here. This could be a big change when it comes to content and distribution.
- Using Cardi B/Meagan Thee Stallion’s “WAP” to promote a home insulation offer was probably a bad idea.
- Here’s an interesting stripped-down version of “In the Air Tonight” by Larkin Poe. (Via Sean)
- There was another big donation to the restoration of Massey Hall. Can’t wait until it reopens.
- Are holograms the thing we need for music during the pandemic?
- Quebec musicians are REALLY hurting because of COVID-19.
- Here’s a realistic Christmas song from Carly Rae Jepson.
- Discogs.com turned 20. Here’s a timeline of how the website evolved.
- Is it just me or does this new Spotify plan sound like reverse payola?
- GWAR. Bloodbath. All is good.