Published on October 13th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Tuesday, October 13, 2015
*Sigh* Back to work. Distract yourself from reality with some music news. It’ll work for a while.
- David Bowie is done with touring. Not that we didn’t already know this…
- A Swedish soccer player has a gold record for his version of the Swedish national anthem.
- Random zombie trivia: Andrew Lincoln (The Walking Dead‘s Rick Grimes) is married to Gael Anderson, who is the daughter of Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull. Apple Martin, daughter of Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow, was flower girl at their wedding.
- The headline for Wiz Khalifa’s arrest for public urination writes itself.
- Janet Jackson’s new album, Unbreakable, debuted at the top of the SoundScan charts by selling less than 110,000 copies.
- Check out what this guy who bought MC Hammer’s mansion has done with hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Sonos, Google and the future of connected home audio.
- Let’s go into Shania Twain’s dressing room, shall we? How many scented candles will we find?
- Random data points found at MIDiA Research: 41% of consumers still buy CDs and 73% of 16-24 year-olds watch music videos on YouTube.
- Yes, it’s a goofy Buzzfeed music question, but it may help you predict when you’ll get married.
- Steven Tyler is thinking about suing Donald Trump over a music beef.
- Here’s an interesting tip for using iTunes.
- If you’ve ever dated a musician, you’ll understand this Top 10 list.
- A “stolen” Jimi Hendrix guitar is at the centre of a $1 million lawsuit.
- This is cool: a New York FD dispatcher signs off after 32 years. You may tear up.
- I’m a fan of Pink Floyd but enough of a fan to buy this.
- It’s true: Willie Nelson was once a young man. Here’s proof. (Via Danny)
- This is the most metal bear you will ever see. (Danny again.)