Having a rough day? Maybe you need this sweary motivational colouring book. Meanwhile, music news for October 25, 2022, doesn’t necessarily stay within the lines.
- Those first week sales predictions for Taylor Swift’s Midnights album? They were too low.
- U2 has recorded 20 songs for a new album called Songs of Ascent—but they’re not going to release it. For now.
- Here’s a good tutorial on the rise of TikTok.
- Apple Music just jacked its subscription prices.
- The recorded music industry is deathly afraid of AI making music. Here’s why.
- That’s a lot of songs owned by just three companies. (Via Rick J)
- Kid Rock’s old Detroit mansion is up for sale. It comes with some interesting features.
- A hacker who stole 1,300 songs is now in jail for 18 months.
- Now that Bono’s on a tour for his book, we’re hearing about things like the half-brother he didn’t know about, his mullet, and the iTunes debacle.
- This is an odd story of an evangelical band who moved to Texas and went all metal. (Via Larry)
- Did KISS play a private show in front of about 100 people? Apparently so.
- Iron Maiden will soon be in the Where’s Waldo business.
- Here’s a revealing interview with Eddie Van Halen’s home care nurse in the last years of his life. (Via Chris)
- The guy who wrote “Puff the Magic Dragon” has died.
- Teaching CPR with…Spotify? Yep.
- Gorillaz vodka!
BONUS: The nerdiest accordion ever created. And that’s saying something.