Here’s the latest on when we’ll learn more about our future alien overlords. And while you keep watching the skies, glance down at music news for October 4, 2022.
- If you have 30 minutes, here’s a good look at the history of grunge.
- I saw something like this at CES a few years back. It’s a way to cut your own vinyl record at home.
- Interesting: Hit songs are staying on the charts longer than ever these days. (Via Bobby)
- The hottest thing in music? White noise. No, really.
- Just when you thought you’d see every Beatles photograph ever taken, we have this and this.
- Let’s hope Ringo is okay. It’s COVID.
- At last count, there are 2,489,905 podcasts. And that number is growing.
- If you like mysterious bands, here’s the story of Les Rallizes Dénudés.
- Amazon now wants to track your sleep.
- An ex-member of Mumford and Sons has some things he wants to get off his chest.
- US: Thanks, Billie Joe Armstrong. BJA: You’re welcome.
- The Hipgnosis song fund has acquired more funding.
- These celebrities apparently have the most relaxing voices. Wait–Gordon Ramsey is on this list?
- TikTok users spent US$914 million in the app during the third quarter of 2022. Wow.
BONUS: Can you identify with this?