Attention studios of the JFK assassination: This piece of news is the biggest thing we’ve heard since…the Zapruder film? This raises a lot of new questions. Meanwhile, let’s get some answers for music news for September 12, 2023.
- Be careful. Concert ticket scams are WAY up.
- Aerosmith has had to cancel multiple dates on their farewell tour because Steven Tyler has damaged vocal cords. That includes tonight’s show in Toronto.
- Everything okay, Eddie Vedder? Not feeling well, huh?
- Everything okay, Ed Sheeran?
- Meet Cookie, Sophus, and Sica, dogs who perform Mozart. Sort of.
- Hey, AC/DC! Where’s Phil Rudd?
- How to listen to AM radio in a Tesla.
- This guy got an INSANE deal on Les Paul guitars. Watch.
- Is music getting sadder? Why are so many teens search for “sad music” on Spotify? Read this.
- Podcast downloads keep going up. This is good for the industry.
- It’s hard to be a musician in the UK. The average wage of nearly half of them is less than £14,000. Read more about the UK “music census” here.
- Could Apple soon lose its title as the world’s most valuable company? Maybe.
- Another song theft case has been thrown out. Good.
- Rich rock stars getting richer.
- Could we soon see a heavy metal museum in Las Vegas? Yes!
BONUS: The world’s worst prison. Let’s just say that the catering is horrific.
BONUS BONUS: Are we getting dumber? Or just we engaging in more connective intelligence? One thing is for sure, we need more women. (You’ll see what I mean.)