A suggestion for King Charles III: Declare that all shampoo and conditioner bottles must be transparent so we can all run out of both at exactly the same time. From that brilliant suggestion, we move to music news for September 13, 2022.
- Speaking of King Charles, here’s a list of his favourite songs.
- Elton John’s final final FINAL concert in the US will be live-streamed on Disney+.
- Joe Trohman of Fall out Boy has a new memoir in which he opens up about mental illness.
- This is grim: A four-part documentary on the mass shooting at the Route 91 Harvest Festival in Las Vegas.
- And here’s more on the Spinal Tap sequel scheduled for 2024.
- Miley Cyrus is the latest celebrity to be sued by a photographer when she used a picture of…herself.
- Did U2 register this domain ahead of an upcoming album? (Via Raven)
- The recorded music biz is in a weird slump right now. Here’s what’s going on.
- That’s one way to use a set of AirPods. Unconventional, but at least there was a happy ending.
- Instagram is testing out a new “repost” feature.
- A Las Vegas residency for Motley Crue? What could go wrong?
- Is the Internet Archive in trouble? Maybe.
- Asking for song royalties in a divorce? Interesting idea.
- And speaking of song royalties, YouTube’s system is “ripe for abuse.”
BONUS: They found a seat for Bones.
BONUS BONUS: Popeye did what for video games? Who knew?