NOW they invent something like this. I could have used this a while back. Live and learn. Now some music news for September 14, 2021.
- Here’s a good look at the behind-the-scenes challenges facing the Canadian music industry in the time of COVID.
- Can someone please promote an MMA fight between Conor McGregor and Machine Gun Kelly? They already started it.
- This documentary could cause some waves. It explores the normalization of relationship between rock stars and teenage girls in the 70s and 80s.
- Amazon-branded TVs? Yep–and they’re coming next month.
- I gotta read this new book on how rock’n’roll came to Canada.
- This is some good history: The story of The Mynah Birds, a Canadian band that featured both Neil Young and Rick James.
- Live Nation just got a lot bigger this week.
- Blackpink is now the most-subscribed-to artist on YouTube. Their channel has 66.3 million subscribers vs Justin Bieber’s 65.1 million.
- No. Forget it.
- If you’re at all interested in high-fidelity/high-resolution audio, take a look at this.
- And then there’s this: The psych-tech of Spotify’s voice recognition patents.
- Speaking of which, how much does Spotify know about you already? Look at this.
- Are these the 40 greatest band names of all time? Discuss.
More news? Check here.