Random music news for Tuesday, September 28, 2021
Why is right-wing media lying about COVID-19? Read this. Meanwhile, here’s some music news with the least amount of misinformation possible. It’s September 28, 2021.
- R Kelly found guilty on all counts.
- TikTok has passed one billion monthly users. Of those, 59% are under the age of 24, which works out to 590 million people. Another 170 million are between the ages of 13 and 17.
- Johnny Ramone’s favourite guitar ended up selling for US$937,500 at auction.
- What sorts of new hardware is Amazon working on? Here’s some speculation about what they’ll unveil today.
- RIP Stastus Quo bass player Alan Lancaster. He was 72.
- This orchestra helps people with dementia write music.
- This is fun: Sometimes there are songs used in TV commercials that don’t help the advertistor at all. See?
- Google may start indexing TikTik and Instagram videos so that relevenat videos will pop up when you search for say, a paricular artist.
- Oh, Machine Gun Kelly…
- Is Spotify CEO Daniel Ek talking about another takeover for Arsenal of the EPL? Maybe.
- These newly rediscovered John Lennon interviews are fascinating!
- And this upcoming Let It Be documentary on The Beatles by Peter Jackson looks really good. It’s coming on Disney+ in November.
- Here’s a good podcast on alternative weeklies in Canada (and elsewhere).
- This Australian cyclist (and Nirvana fan) had WAY too much time on his hands.
- And Jack White opened his London location of Third Man Records. It went very well.
- William Shatner’s honest playlist.
- An Eagles of Death Metal Christmas album? Yep.
More news? Check here.
BONUS: If I had a boat, I’d do something like this, too. (Via Tom)