First day of school for a lot of people. Meanwhile, this is the day when the business world wakes up and goes “HOLY SH*T!” and demands that everyone go from 0-100 in 1.7 seconds. It’ll be this way until late November. Fun, huh? Put it all off by browsing through music news for September 5, 2023.
- A headline you never want to see: “Porta-potty brawl breaks out at concert.” Naturally, there’s video.
- A radio documentary close my heart for obvious reasons: Rock Jocks: The FM Revolution. It’s from 2002, but if you haven’t seen it, you can watch on YouTube.
- How’s Johnny Lydon doing since the death of his wife Nora? Let’s check in.
- How about an iPhone that costs US$564,000?
- Which countries are most interesting in generative AI for…stuff? Here’s an inforgraphic.
- Podcast episode recommendation: The Notorious MP3.
- Every heard of The Playboy Prince? Interesting life, this guy.
- So THAT’S why Noel Gallagher doesn’t like Adele.
- Country music is in crisis as it splits between conservatives and liberals.
- It’s very possible that Taylor Swift’s concert film will have a US$100 million opening week.\
- Meanwhile, Beyonce is facing an IRS tax bill.
- If you live in the Toronto area, how many of these extinct venues do you remember?
- Here’s more on Spotify’s “white noise problem.”
- Extremely generous, Tay-Tay. Respect.
- Where is Paul McCartney’s original Höfner bass? The search is on.
- Google is now 25. Here are some stats. And here’s why Canada needs bill C-18.
BONUS: Imagine the hell your life might be if your name was Barbie Oppenheimer. Oh.
BONUS BONUS: Bored by the prospect of going back to school/work? Kill some time with these 50 weird internet offerings.
BONUS BONUS BONUS: Funny how this Russian rocket scientist died of “mushroom poisoning” after that moon probe landing failed.