Random music news for Tuesday, September 6, 2022
This is the day when life goes from 0-100 and stays that way for the next three months. Best of luck. It’s music news for September 6, 2022.
- Muse has become the first band to top the UK charts with an NFT album.
- Director Peter Jackson won a ton of Creative Emmys for his Beatles Get Back documentary.
- This is a weird sex-and-music story involving…well, you’ll see.
- This explains a lot of what’s happening with cable TV.
- Would you be interested in a musical refrigerator like this?
- No surprise: Russia has blacklisted artists and musicians for speaking out against the war in Ukraine. (Via Sean)
- The Weeknd continues to have issues with his current world tour.
- Do NOT challenge the Dropkick Murphys about Donald Trump allegedly beating Joe Biden. They will fight you.
- Bono was out filming bits that will go with his memoir due later this year. These people now live in the house where he grew up.
- The 2023 BRIT Awards will happen on February 11.
- Great. Another cord and more adapters.
- Drake is getting sued over a hockey movie.
BONUS: As a member of the staff during the Spirit of Radio years, I really appreciate this love letter.