I hate April Fool’s Day. Everywhere contained herein is to the best of my knowledge 100% true.
- Spotify has struck a deal with Fido (a division of Rogers) to offer mobile customers free 24-month access to the Premium edition of the music subscription service. And before you ask, yes, data charges will apply.
- There seems to be some generational disconnects when it comes to the connected car.
- China tech giant Alibaba has signed a music deal with BMG.
- Today’s conspiracy: Tupac is alive and well and living in Cuba. Probably.
- How to put out a fire using nothing but sound.
- This is one way to put an end to those lousy college spring breakers.
- Can’t make to to Coachella this year? They’ll be streaming it on YouTube again.
- Has the Internet decided that the album is a good idea after all?
- Silverchair is back on the Australian charts this week with their 20th anniversary release of Frogstomp.
A MuppetEd Sheeran will host the MuchMusic Video Awards this year.
- I don’t understand a word of this song, but it sure is pretty.
- Judas Priest is getting into the coffee business. I wonder how much of a jolt we’ll get out of their new British Steel blend? (Via Tom)
- And I had no idea that Kate Hudson and her ex(?) Matt Bellamy of Muse were in the wine business.
- Incheon Airport outside of Seoul celebrates a big industry award by holding a music concert.
- A band from Inner Mongolia has picked Toronto as the place to start their world tour. As you would, of course.