Question: Pro wrestling has been declared an essential service in which US state? If you said “Florida,” you win!
Meanwhile, are you having a hard time keeping track of the days? If I’m counting correctly, this is Wednesday and it’s April 15. I think. Here’s music news.
- Coronavirus update 1: Pink’s ordeal with the virus was apparently horrific.
- Coronavirus update: 18% of Canadians want brands to stop advertising during the pandemic. Okay, but how will media outlets keep working?
- Coronavirus update 3: Radio listening is up, but advertising has gone off a cliff.
- Coronavirus update 4: France has banned music festivals until at least mid-July.
- Coronavirus update 5: Each time a patient is discharged from this hospital in New York, they play “Don’t Stop Believin'” by Journey.
- Coronavirus update 6: The Winnipeg Folk Festival has been canceled for 2020.
- Eric Baptiste, the CEO of SOCAN for the last ten years, has abruptly resigned.
- Had there been a Glastonbury this year, the lineup would have looked like this.
- Ozzy, who’s suffering from Parkinsons, is going to donate 10% of all his merch sales to the Michael J. Fox’s charity.
- With Record Store Day postponed until the fall, there’s a new campaign called RSDFillTheGap.
- Jimmy Webb, a guy who dressed a lot of rock stars, has died. It looks like it may have been cancer.
- Modular synth fun!
- A metal beer that’s non-alcoholic? Okay…
- This 5G conspiracy has resulted in its first movie. Zombies!
- There’s another new book on The Beatles that’s getting good reviews.
- This US congresswoman isn’t a big fan of Ticketmaster’s customer service.