It was a big day in space history on this date in 1970 when Apollo 13 made it back to Earth. Moving on to music news for April 17, 2019, we have this.
- There are people who believe that podcasts could be bigger than music streaming.
- The fire brigade captain who ran into Notre Dame to recover holy relics is the same guy who helped victims of the Bataclan massacre.
- R Kelly is in deep financial trouble.
- Russell Simmons, a co-founder of Def Jam Records, continues to have #MeToo issues. One of his accusers says he’s hiding in Indonesia.
- Microsoft is said to be working on their own version of AirPods-style earbuds. The code name is “Morrison.”
- Taylor Swift’s stalker has been jailed for four years.
- Neil Young is coming out with a third book. Called To Feel the Music, it’s about his struggle to bring high fidelity back to the masses.
- What’s it like to be a bouncer at a famous club? This.
- And what’s it like to be a female roadie on a bus full of dudes? This.
- There are more
rumoursabout an AC/DC tour featuring Brian Johnson back as the lead singer.
- Aretha Franklin has been posthumously awarded a Pulitzer Prize.
- Bored? Try this thing with your
favouritesong lyrics and see what comes out.
- Nick Cave thinks that “maybe rock needs to die for a little while.”
- Remembering the wretched awfulness that was Woodstock 99.
- Here’s more on Friends: The Musical. Yes, it’s based on the TV show.
- Rappers vs. Fox News’ Laura Ingraham
- How about a three-necked guitar? (Via Danny)