Published on April 24th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Wednesday, April 24, 2019
It was on this day in 1996 that Scott Weiland was fired from Stone Temple Pilots–for the first time. Elsewhere in the world of music news for April 24, 2019…
- Sounds like security guards at Coachella had it pretty rough.
- Britney Spears fans protested in California demanding that she be released from a mental health facility, alleging she’s being held against her will. Free Britney!
- Or maybe she’s just waiting out a period of soft ticket sales for her Vegas residency.
- Meanwhile, Britney Spears: the musical.
- John Lennon: the stage musical.
- Two people were found dead at an Australian music festival.
- Stream-ripping: still a problem.
- PledgeMusic: still in financial trouble.
- Twitter had a good quarter, beating estimates.
- Radio: It’s still a fun job.
- Anyone want some royal trumpets?
- Sepultura has been banned from playing in Lebanon because they’re “devil worshippers.”
- Prosecutors in Florida are seeking the death penalty for this rapper.
- Canadian weekly music sales and streams vs. this time in 2018: Total album sales, -20.4%; physical albums, -21.7%; CDs, -25.2%; digital albums, -18.3%; digital tracks, -29.7%; vinyl, +7.7%, audio streaming, +38% (1.429 billion streams last week.)
- Ariana Grande had to stop her Coachella set when she was hit by a lemon.
- Tiffany lives! (Via Danny)
- Need some EDM remixes of alt-rock hits from the 90s and 2000s? Then I have just the thing for you. Go here.
- Ed Sheeran! Get rid of that damn sauna!
- Hey, if I had the money, I would have bought this piano, too.