Published on April 25th, 2018 | by Alan Cross1
Random music news for Wednesday, April 25, 2018
If you use any piece of electronics today, remember that 57 years ago today, Robert Noyce patented the integrated circuit. If we turn our attention to music news for April 25, 2018, we have this…
- Those limited-edition Record Store Day releases should be showing up on eBay at inflated prices right about…now.
- On that note, before you buy any records on eBay, read this.
- Google is now outlining its plan for podcasts.
- The European Commission may not be very happy with the Apple-Shazam deal.
- Wall Street talk: Could Amazon buy Spotify?
- This company is using AI to help create better-curated playlists.
- Kanye: Wow. A meltdown?
- Kanye: Wow again.
- Let’s balance that last Kanye story with this one about Ministry. An inflatable chicken?
- Prince’s family is suing over the medical treatment he got leading up to his death.
- Madonna wants her pants back. A judge said “no.”
- Billy Corgan seems to be mellowing. He feels bad about being such a dictator in the Smashing Pumpkins in the past.
- Have you ever tried to make a viral music video and failed? You’re not alone.
- Internet producers have taken over mainstream hip-hop. Here’s how they did it.
- Global music revenues rose by 8.1% in 2017.
- Apple has apparently bought the rights to an Ed Sheeran documentary.
- There is an awful amount of money to be made running Live Nation.
- Can’t get enough Ramones? Check out these pictures. (Via Tom)
- If you’re in Alberta, you might want to know about the nominees for the Edmonton Music Awards. (Via Danny)
- When you buy your premium Spotify account from someone on eBay, it can get weird fast. (Via Tom)