Random music news for Wednesday, April 26, 2023
A saxophone house is for sale. Any takers? How about music news for April 26, 2023?
- RIP music legend and activist Harry Belafonte. He was 96.
- A blink-182 fan crashed a car outside of Travis Barker’s gated home. It was her fifth attempt to gain entry to the house.
- Ed Sheeran took the stand in the copyright trial involving “Thinking Out Loud” and “Let’s Get It On.”
- Smashing Pumpkins shows are a real spectacle these days. Here’s why.
- Smart speakers are taking the place of disappearing old-school in-home radios.
- If you’re into high-end audio equipment, this would have been the event to attend.
- Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden is a featured speaker at a big event for wine lovers.
- Pearl Jam has a plan for tickets prices for their next tour. This should be interesting.
- Bad AI! BAD!
- Meanwhile, Grimes has given permission for AI to use her voice.…
- …and her ex-husband has launched his own AI. I thought Elon was calling for a pause on AI development until we can lay down some rules?
- And this AI will help you make Apple Music playlists.
- Nearly half of US voters apparently support at TikTok ban.
- Screenings for the MuchMusic doc are being scheduled.
- Hair tips from Metallica.
- Carpool Karaoke will end forever with Adele.
BONUS: I did NOT need to hear this today.
BONUS BONUS: “An invisible opera.”