Published on April 3rd, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Wednesday, April 3, 2019
On this day in 1973, the first-ever handheld mobile phone call was made. As for music news on April 3, 2019…
- I love this: “Top 10 Rush Sex Jams.”
- An arrest has been made in the murder of rapper Nipsey Hussle. Police say his name is Eric Holder.
- This is a review of Serving the Servant, Nirvana manager Danny Goldberg’s book on Kurt Cobain. You’ll need this playlist as you read.
- Here’s some fascinating new data on the media consumption habits of Millennials.
- If you’re a fan of the history of the electric guitar, here’s a story with some fun trivia. (Via Sean)
- Speaking guitars (and other musical instruments), I gotta check out this exhibition of ultra-famous gear at The Met in NYC.
- The Joe Rogan Experience is one of the most popular podcasts in the world. DJ Kitcho has created this special musical mashup.
- Fiddy’s Connecticut mansion has finally sold at an 84% loss.
- Diddy’s son got a gold jet ski for his 21st birthday.
- Petty’s family (his widow and his two daughters) are at war over his estate.
- A new documentary about Thin Lizzy’s Phil Lynott is on the way.
- Apple News Plus seems to be off to a decent start.
- If you like cover versions, you should check out this spreadsheet of indie bands covering each other.
- Dire Straits’ Mark Knopfler now has his own gin.
- Check this out: Violin lessons assisted by AI.