So Spotify’s going public today, making this the most anticipated day in the history of digital music. Any bets on where the shares will be at the end of the week? Chew on that as you review the music news for April 4, 2018.
- Canadian music sales last week vs, the same time last year: Total albums, -26.4%; digital albums, -24:2%; digital tracks, -20.1%; physical albums, -27.8%; CDs, -31.9%; vinyl, +46.3%; streaming, +56.5%.
- Looking back on Van Morrison’s Astral Weeks after 50 years.
- Elton John’s new production isn’t a podcast. It’s “an immersive original audio program.”
- NBC’s live broadcast of Jesus Chris Superstar did well in the ratings Sunday night.
- Bieber’s definitely found God.
- Noel Gallagher has responded to “Live Forever” being voted the best British song ever. No modesty was involved in the creation of this quote.
- No, kids. You can’t swipe right on paper. That’s only on iPads.
- Ticketmaster has something to say about all those recent accusations of anti-competitive behaviour.