Once you read this about nose size, you won’t look at another guy the same way again. Sorry. Moving to music news for August 10, 2022.
- TikTok is getting into AI-music-making. This might not be good.
- If you’re hoping to see the Taylor Hawkins tribute concert in the UK next month, Twickets is your fan-to-fan connection for tickets.
- The city of Windsor considering putting up money for a statue of radio pioneer Rosalie Tremblay. I hope they do.
- What is it with Ontario music festivals this year? There was another screw-up last weekend.
- Google and Sonos are locked in another lawsuit.
- If the term “C86” means anything to you–you’ll have to be a serious British indie music fan–you should read this.
- “Dead Grandma Alex.” Discuss.
- Which musicians do the worst damage to the environment with their private planes? These ones.
- More concerns about Gen Z and their, uh, tenuous relationship with radio.
- And you know what Gen Z is doing? Searching out “soothing videos.”
- When Apple finally launches its AR/VR headset, it will probably be available in very limited quantities and cost US$2,000.
- Speaking of Apple, could they be working on this kind of hardware?
- Taylor Swift attempts to shake off “Shake It Off” plagiarism accusations with this statement.
- Not funny, Ye.
- BTS has become the first band to surpass five billion streams on Spotify in 2022.
BONUS: The Sekou Lumumba drum cam. (Via Karl)