Published on August 14th, 2019 | by Alan Cross1
Random music news for Wednesday, August 14, 2019
Family Guy people: It’s Meg Griffin’s birthday (okay, so it’s really Mila Kunis’ birthday). That’s right. It’s a Meg episode. Now let’s take a look at music news for August 14, 2019.
- Now Katy Perry has been accused of sexual assault.
- And so has Placido Domingo, the opera singer and head of the international music industry body, the IFPI.
- Good Canadian reading: All the Rheostatics albums, ranked. (Via Darrin)
- Are merch sales more important than money derived from streams? Very possibly.
- Ed Sheeran has taken his love for Heinz ketchup to the next level.
- Princess Diana: The Musical. It’s real.
- Three years after he died, George Michael has sold his house.
- There will be no charges against an NYPD commander who ordered that 50 Cent be “shot on sight.”
- UK music consumers are really getting into streaming now.
- Have you noticed that our appliances are getting more musical? This that a good thing.
- How did this happen? I don’t get it. And there are dozens and dozens of ’em!
- C’mon, Drake? Seriously?
- This is a first: a SLAYER-branded NASCAR car. (Via Tom)
- Aerosmith is loving their Las Vegas residency.
- If you’re a Metallica fan you missed this, check it out. (Via Michael)
- Planning to go to the original site of Woodstock this weekend? Don’t.\