Is AI going to be bad for jobs? Yes. Very, very bad. But can it do as good a job as curating music news for August 16, 2023? Yeah, probably.
- Van Halen’s Michael Anthony has video of Maui just before the wildfires hit.
- Meanwhile, Stevie Nicks is getting slammed for her Maui reactions.
- Things got pretty weird at a Lil Durk concert. An active shooter rumour led to looting.
- Taylor Swift is now making £6.7million (about CAD$11.5 million) a month from streaming royalties.
- And here’s the inevitable “I Couldn’t Get Taylor Swift Tickets for Her Toronto Shows AND SOMEONE MUST PAY” story.
- Eric Owen is the drummer for Black Pistol Fire. He also has a new horror film that’s getting industry attention.
- A Ukranian singing duo was killed by a Russian missile.
- A Russian stream-ripper has given up on appealing a copyright infringement lawsuit because it doesn’t have the money.
- Will Apple buy Disney? Don’t bet against it.
- A Bono surprise.
- Drake to the rescue!
- Did you like the Amazon series Daisy Jones & The Six? It might come back. Maybe.
- Another Beatles conspiracy solved.
- Every wonder why you can remember the lyrics to a song you haven’t heard for years? This is why.
- Remember the big blackout of 2003? No? Here’s a collection of recordings of radio coverage of the day. (Via George)
BONUS: For couples in longtime relationships, approximately 72.4% of the time is taken up fighting over where to have dinner. (I made up that stat, but it sure feels like it.) If that sounds like you, try this song.