A deck chair that flies at 250 kph? I need this for my deck. You know, to get to the kitchen for snacks. Now let’s fly over to music news for August 17, 2022.
- Why do so many people give up on music in their 30s? Discuss.
- It was INXS Day in Australia yesterday.
- Chad Gilbert of New Found Glory has been diagnosed with a cancerous tumor in his spine.
- Steve Grimmett, singer with Grim Reaper from the NWOBHM years has died of cancer at age 62.
- Low has canceled tour dates because drummer Mimi Parker needs cancer treatment.
- Mani from The Stone Roses has launched a charity fundraiser after he learned his wife has cancer.
- Need cover art for your music? Here’s a free way to use AI.
- Nicki Minaj is being sued by Mattel over a Barbie Doll-related matter involving potato chips.
- Jury selection is underway in yet another R Kelly trial.
- No surprise here: Streams for Olivia Newton-John songs have spiked 614% since she died.
- It’s always nice to see people being nice to each other. See?
- Madonna is at it again. This bothers people for some reason.
- Spotify has a new try-Premium-for-free campaign.
- A$AP has been charged with assault relating back to a 2021 case in which someone was shot.
- Corey Feldman vs. Marilyn Manson. Fun.
- What exactly does a music supervisor do? Read this.
- Is this why Elvis died?
BONUS: There’s a Stranger Things-themed cafe in Japan because Japan.