The crabgrass situation in the front yard is out of control. I miss industrial-strength residential herbicides. (Save your emails; I know they’re bad for the environment.)
And now, the music news.
- More on the death of the nightclub (especially in Britain).
- Speaking of which, another Toronto club bites the dust. Buh-bye Velvet Underground. When? Soon. (Via Bobby)
- The other Velvet Underground–the band–will release a nine-disc version of the Loaded album in October.
- Here’s an update on the Japan-based cross-dressing bearded death metal singer named Ladybeard. (Via Tom)
- Instagram followers war: Beyonce vs. Kim Kardashian.
- Biggest music fan piss-offs.
- The shelf lives of boy bands.
- Will your next car be driven by an iPhone?
- Want to buy a U2/Tony Hawk skateboard? It’s for charity.
- Things are rough for middle-aged musicians.
- Some people aren’t so crazy about the technology in the new connected cars.
- Connect these dots: Lady Gaga. Royal Baby. Breast Milk. Lawsuit.
- Want some interesting ringtones for your mobile? How about these new TTC ones created by a McGill student?
- Anchor Babies–the band, that is–says “Thanks, Republican party!”
- Take THAT, telephone scammer!
- Do NOT mess with The Karate Kid, Mr. Trump.