Published on August 29th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Wednesday, August 29, 2018
Today would have been Michael Jackson’s 60th birthday. And in music news for August 29, 2018, there’s quite a bit to talk about.
- Donald Trump-branded ecstasy pills have been seized at some UK festivals. They contained deadly amounts of MDMA.
- In iPhone rumour news, say goodbye to the home button…
- …and new units should go longer between charges.
- How do we feel about this shot of Aretha Franklin in her casket?
- Katy Perry was drawn into the Dr. Luke controversy but testified that nothing happened.
- Mike Shinoda and Alessia Cara are starring in a suicide prevention campaign.
- Has Live Nation become too big and powerful? Some people think so and are demanding an investigation.
- Feeling blue? This list of celebrities doing good deeds should cheer you up.
- Weird Al now has a Hollywood Walk of Fame star. He’s pleading that no one “pickaxe it.”
- Want to appear in a Prince video? Here’s your chance. (Yes, he’s still dead, but…)
- This Russian bride wanted to really piss off her ex, so she had both Elton John and Mariah Carey perform at her wedding.
- Record labels are worried about streaming companies’ pushing of family plans. They complain they’re losing too much potential revenue.
- Speaking of streaming, there could be 100 million streamers in just India.
- How important are video games to music? Rockstar Games claims that in the last five years, gamers have been exposed to 75,000,000,000 minutes of music.
- Liam Gallagher vs. the bouncer in a domestic violence affair.
- A sad history of musicians and airplanes.
- If you’re a producer into sound design or a musician looking for samples, take a look at Sononym.
- What’s all this business about Lauryn Hill stealing music?
- These seven performers made very good records using Garageband.
- Remember the story last week of Pete Doherty eating a massive breakfast? The feat has now been memorialized in a mural.