Burning Man’s “Orgy Dome” is back in action this week. I’ll try to match that excitement with music news for August 30, 2023.
- “Bringing dead musicians back to life is a good idea.” Discuss.
- Meanwhile, AI has been used to determine the cast and plot for a Kurt Cobain biopic.
- Another one: “All American Idol-like shows suck.” Discuss.
- Apple has officially announced its iPhone 15 event: September 12.
- Here’s a stat about Live Nation that will raise some eyebrows.
- Iggy Azalea’s Saudi Arabian concert was cut short by police when her pants split.
- Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia has an underground rave scene that looks pretty hedonistic.
- Elton John was treated in hospital after a fall at his French villa. He needed a brain scan before being sent home. (Via Rick J)
- Are these lips more famous than the ones on Mick Jagger’s face?
- Killswitch Engage’s tour bus vs. The Elk.
- Wanna buy shares in big pop songs? Soon…
- Has a new Killers album been scrapped? Apparently so.
- Are you diabetic? Maybe you just need a little music from Queen.
- When it comes to noise cancelling headphones, there is such a thing as too much. (Via Sean)
- This singer had to undergo surgery after she was attacked by her bathroom door.
- Too soon. Just…too soon. It’s still August!
- So much for The Idol on HBO. It’s for the best, too.
- Police have dropped their investigation into sexual assault allegations against Rammstein’s Till Lindeman.
BONUS: Seen at a Ministry gig.