A scary question: What comes after the Delta variant? Vax up, mask up, and wash your hands. Moving to music news for August 4, 2021…
- RIP Charles Connor, the drummer for Little Richard.
- The wife of ZZ Top bass player Dusty Hill, who died last week at the age of 72, composed this obituary.
- Get this: A smartphone with a 108 megapixel camera. Wow.
- A bit late, DaBaby. So is this.
- Bruce Springsteen’s daughter competed in Olympic equestrian events but didn’t make it through qualifying.
- Live Nation says that there is no gag clause in their touring contracts regarding COVID this summer. That’s not what the rumours say.
- Bez of The Happy Mondays had COVID. He thought he was going to die.
- The drummer for The Offspring says he was fired for not vaxxing, even though he claims pre-existing conditions.
- NYC has mandated masks for indoor entertainment venues. Good.
- Ted Nugent has resigned from the board of the NRA. Here’s why.
- Vancouver is getting a new music venue.
- Ooo. A new internet mystery!
- And how well will you do identifying these driving songs spelled out as emojis?
- Say it ain’t so, BABYMETAL!
- No surprise here: Family Guy hates Tucker Carlson so much that…
BONUS: Congrats to Dr. Disc, an indie record store in Hamilton, Ontario, celebrating its 30th anniversary this week!
More news? Check here.