As you struggle with traffic today, remember that it was on this day in 1914 that the first-ever traffic light was installed in Cleveland.
And now, the music news.
- Courtney Love vs. her biographer, round…whatever.
- There have been more executive shuffles at Jay Z’s Tidal.
- Paul Stanley from KISS is now a singer in a soul band. Seriously. (Via Tom)
- U2 recently had a town hall with SiriusXM satellite radio in New York. (Via Larry)
- Does YouTube look different to you this week? It should.
- Here’s a fun comparison of classic cover versions with their original recordings. (Via Irish Alan)
- Webcast listening continues to go up.
- Life after Sonic Youth: Kim Gordon to play a schoolteacher in a German horror film.
- Rod Stewart says The Faces are getting back together–with him, this time. Sadly, Ian McLagan and Ronnie Lane are still dead.
- The B52s Kate Pierson just married her long time partner, Monica Coleman.
- Here’s a lesson in musical activism.
- We’re running out of time to get hoverboards. The Lexus version doesn’t really work.
- Taylor Swift’s mother helped her take on Apple.
- Lenny Kravitz rips pants onstage. Lenny Kravitz wasn’t wearing underwear. Little Lenny got exposed. And here’s proof.
- A real life Cookie Lyon has sued the people behind Empire for stealing her life story.
- When it comes to the new Ghostbusters, who are you gonna call? Ozzy, maybe?
- Would you pay £50,000 for a pair of shoes worn by Yeezy?