Well, this just made the prospect of dating more interesting–and terrifying. Distract yourself from that by browsing through music news for August 5, 2021.
- Remember that smartass who tried to sell a Ziplock bag of air from last month’s Kanye album listening party? Yeah, well, they goit US$7,600 for it.
- Fall Out Boy has pulled out of two gigs on the Hella Mega Tour because a member of the entourage tested positive for COVID.
- Noel Gallagher is taking a gig as a radio DJ.
- Neal Schon of Journey auctioned off some of his guitars. He made US$4.2 million.
- Worried that your headphones just aren’t expensive enough? Try these.
- Donald Trump vs. Joe Perry of Aerosmith.
- Spotify is trying out a new tier for users.
- This is important to the future of music: A&R data wars.
- And this is fascinating: two-thirds of all listens to streams are to catalogue songs. What does that say about contemporary music?
- Related: What happens when digital music just goes away?
- Here’s a good interview with produer Steve Lillywhite.
- Sony is off to a very good start in 2021. See?
- And so did Warner Music Group.
- The next group to get into NFTs? Blondie.
- Love record stores? Then take a look at LoveRecordStores.com.
More news? Check here.