Think Brazilian evangelicals will benefit from this? If not, there’s always music news for December 1, 2021.
- Surprise. Yay.
- Motley Crue just sold their recordings catalogue to BMG for US$90 million.
- Marilyn Manson’s LA house was raided by the LAPD.
- The Foos are FINALLY coming back to Canada in 2022. See?
- Adele will start a Las Vegas residency in January at Caesar’s Palace. I can’t imagine how much she’ll be paid.
- Peter Jackson had trouble with Disney over parts of the Beatles doc Get Back. The Mouse didn’t want any swearing or smoking.
- Rihanna is now officially a “national hero” of the new republic of Barbados.
- Here’s Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey’s resignation letter. It was tweeted out, of course.
- Does your music app have you stuck in a rut? You’re not alone.
- Here’s another call to study the health implications of TikTok.
- Iron Maiden and Marvel Comics together at last. (Via Tom)
- I just checked. Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas is You” streamed 1.7 million times in Canada last week. In the US, it was 17 million.
- There’s a new #BoycottSpotify campaign after CEO Daniel Ek invested in AI warfare technology.
- Tim Hortons has a new merch promo with Justin Bieber. This merch is already selling for hundreds of dollars online.
More news? Check here.